Thursday, October 01, 2015

My Acne Battle


The haze was/is (not sure is it really over yet) quite bad lately, had a really bad throat and flu for more than a week during the hazy month. Well, not only my body suffers, my skin doesn't react so well to the polluted air too. 

My poor skin encountered lots of acne and breakouts and it doesn't stop at all. I was so frustrated and didn't bare to look myself in the mirror. When I thought they're gone, they came back again. The cycle repeated for almost 3 weeks. :(

Here is my story of my acne battle, it was a tough one, really.

Skincare
I used the most light-weighted and natural skincare products that I have, 

Kiehl's Cucumber Herbal Alcohol-Free Toner

Cucumber has calming effect to the skin and it doesn't clog pores. Meanwhile it's very gentle to my problem skin. 

Belif The True Cream- Aqua Bomb

By far the lightest moisturizer that I've tried, made with natural ingredient. Its apothecary herbs has pore minimizing and antioxidant effect too.

Mask

I used this deep cleansing mask from Mary Kay to clean my pores, thrice a week. It works very well in removing my black and white head but for acne/ breakout, it's different story. Still I insisted in doing it for cleaner pores on my skin.


Tea Tree
I used both pure tea tree oil and acne path with tea tree in it too. 

Tea tree is very well-known for acne skin. The antiseptic effect will help to sooth the breakouts/ acne while preventing the new formation of acne. 

Apply with a cotton bud directly on the problem area.

Or sometimes I use this patch when I want the acne/breakout the be covered.


I apply tea tree oil/ acne patch at least 3 times a day for antiseptic purpose, or more when I feel it's necessary.


Despite I was very careful in choosing the product to use, they just don't stop. They recovered and reborn again and again. It was crazy, I never encountered a bad skin like this before. Usually only a few hormonic pimples will pop during the menstrual cycle.

Until one day, I discovered this....


BBs

It was before my piano performance, my skin was bad and I remember there was a big breakout under my chin! I had to conceal and covered it, it was a courtesy. So I covered my blemishes with Laneige Watery Cushion Concealer, then I gently stamped on some Laneige BB Cushion Pore Control on my face(full review is available on my previous post, or click here to read on). Miraculously, ALL BLEMISHES gone forever and ever after just one light makeup with BBs. 

Then I remember, I experienced the same thing LONG AGO, with Kate's BB Cream. Apparently, BB cream stands for blemish balm, blemish base, beblesh balm, and beauty balm. The coverage is often mineral-based, and is intended to both cover and treat blemishes such as acne, sun spots and age spots. It also has anti-wrinkle, anti-inflammatory and soothing effects. (extracted from wikipedia) .

In my case, the BB cushion and BB cream dries up the acne! So magical but it works! :D



Please take care everyone! Stay hydrated and wear a mask whenever necessary! 

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Powered by Blogger.

© Emmz, AllRightsReserved.

Designed by http://emmz-s.blogspot.com/